What to look for in Emu Oil?
- Registered FDA Manufacturer, regularly inspected by the Dept. of Agriculture
- Each batch is tested by an Independent AOCS certified chemist
- Look for products that use AEA (American Emu Association) Certified Emu Oil
- Creamy, white texture
- Stable product that does not separate
- Consistent texture from one batch to another
- A processor that uses an all-natural physical refining process
- Refined in America
Blue-Emu’s Emu Oil Processor
- Is the world’s largest refiner of high quality emu oil. In business since 1992, the quality and consistency of our emu oil products are unmatched by any other refiner on earth. They use the physical refining process which is considered to be the best and most efficient method of obtaining fully refined emu oil which is sterile, safe, color correct, and odorless. It also removes bacteria and other impurities that could be dangerous if consumed.
- Is the only major refiner of emu oil to invest in the equipment required to sterilize and refine the oil using the physical refining process method. Many emu oil “refiners” use a sub-standard process called molecular distillation while others simply filter their oil through cheesecloth. Both of these methods are terribly inefficient and totally ineffective at producing a safe, consistent, top quality, stable finished product. Molecular distillation involves spinning the oil over metal plates at variable speeds, which causes the heavier molecules to separate from the oil. This method is not normally used in oil processing since it has been shown to be ineffective at removing some impurities and bacteria and also leaves higher levels of free fatty acids. This makes their product inappropriate for internal applications such as wound care, acne treatment or human consumption, as they may contain dangerous bacteria.
- Has customers in over 30 countries and on 6 continents and their oil is recognized as the finest in the world.
- Carries the American Emu Association “Certified Fully Refined” seal of approval. This means our product is consistent in color, odorless, and above all, safe. An independent American Oil Chemist Society chemist tests and verifies that all of our Emu Oil meets the strict guidelines of the AEA requirements for certification.